Peter Hall specialises in Insurance Law.
He has acted on many High Court disputes in the UK involving coverage issues arising from policy interpretation/compliance, non disclosure/misrepresentation and fraud.
- Peter Hall acted for a manufacturer whose substantial fire claim was denied by his insurance company because of an alleged breach of electrical maintenance certification. Case won and the team recovered thousands of pounds from the insurance company.
- Peter Hall acted for a kitchen business that suffered damage by ‘flood’ and who had flood cover excluded under the insurance policy. The claim was pursued in the High Court where a six figure sum was recovered after the team argued that the claim should be honoured under the storm section of the policy.Thousands of pounds recovered from the insurance company.
- Peter Hall acted for a restaurant/pub owner whose claim was denied because of alleged non disclosure. The team recovered thousands of pounds from the insurance company
- Peter Hall acted for a manufacturer who had a fire. The claim was denied and the insurer alleged breach of a waste warranty.The team recovered thousands of pounds from the insurance company.
- Peter Hall acted for a consumer who put in a claim to his insurance company after his car had been stolen but the insurer denied the claim based on allegations of fraud against the policyholder. The team recovered thousands of pounds from the insurance company.
Peter Hall has acted in a number of cases against professionals
In particular he has acted for:
- A limited company who had its struck out because of a failure to provide security for costs . A 6 figure sum was recovered in the litigation due to the negligence on the part of the clients representatives at the time to advise as to the availability of ATE (After the Event Insurance).
- A client whose substantial claim had been struck out because of a failure to serve the claim form in time. Peter recovered thousands of pounds from the client due to the failure of his then legal representatives to serve the claim form in time.
Peter has acted successfully for a number of franchisees in High Court disputes with franchisors concerning alleged breach of post termination covenants
Civil Litigation Dept: 0161 413 9081